Vision, Mission and Values
The BCSSA inspires, develops and supports leadership in public education in British Columbia by:
- Providing a compelling leadership vision;
- Serving as a strategic and principled voice on issues affecting public education;
- Creating teaching and learning environments that effectively support the children and families we serve;Working collaboratively with others to strengthen public education and leadership;
- Creating dynamic learning opportunities for leadership development.
A dynamic and successful public education system is fundamental to a democratic society and must provide our children and youth with an inspiring foundation for lifelong learning and citizenship.
As leaders in public education we work in collaboration, to create personalized learning for every student through our Organizational Purpose:
- Quality teaching and learning;
- Flexibility and choice;
- High standards; and,
- Learning that is empowered by technology.
BCSSA identifies the following five values as fundamental guides to our work:
- Students – at the centre of everything
- Learning – for all of our lives
- Ethics – guiding our decisions and actions
- Caring – building effective relationships
- Collaboration – working with our partners and the community
These five values are connected as we: Inspire, Develop and Support